I am sure we all have people who don’t necessarily like pie. Well, this may be the answer you need for this holiday season.
I bring you Clouds on Sunrise
You will need:
45 squares of Saltine Crackers – crushed
6 egg whites (mix in a bowl)
3/4 tsp Cream of Tartar
2 cups Sugar
3/4 cup Chopped nuts (optional)
2 tsp Vanilla
1 large tub Cool Whip
2 (21 oz.) cans Cherries (can be pie filling)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. You really want it ready because you are going to want to eat this soon!
- Beat the egg whites until they are frothy
- Add in cream of tartar and gradually add the sugar until stiff
- Fold in crackers and vanilla
- With a non-stick cooking spray, spray a 9×13 baking dish and then spread the mix in the dish
- Bake at 350 for 25 minutes
- Let it cool and put cool whip over the top of the dish
- Add cherries over cool whip
- Let it chill until serving time
This is my husbands all time favorite desert dish. I don’t make it often so that when I do he is just so in awe of me! LOL! Seriously – it’s a winner! My mom passed this down to me and I think she even won a contest with this. So good!