I am all for those creamy (sometimes lumpy) mashed potatoes for Thanksgiving – trust me. Sometimes it’s nice to have a little variety for family and friends. What I am about to share with you will get raved revues and it may make you feel all warm and cozy inside, both from the compliments and also because this recipe is just so delicious. There is nothing healthy about this recipe, but it is a home cooked yumminess that can not be passed over.
Are you ready?
You will need:
1 bag (32 oz.) Frozen Hash – thawed
1 1/2 cups Grated Cheddar Cheese – divided
1 can (10 3/4 oz.) Cream of Chicken Soup
1 can (10 3/4 oz.) cream of Celery Soup
1/2 cup Chopped Onion
1/2 cup Sour Cream
2 Tbsp. Melted Butter
Paprika for Sprinkling
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Get it warmed up so you can get this pan in the oven!!!!
- In a large bowl, mix together the potatoes, 1 cup cheese, soups, onion, sour cream, and melted butter.
- Pour the mix into a greased 9×13 baking pan.
- Bake for ONE hour or until it is all bubbly!!!
- Sprinkle with the remaining cheese and paprika and then bake for 10 more minutes.
Can you say yummy? Oh my! I can just taste it now. I wish I had a picture to show you. This is a favorite in the DeMaris house and we share it often throughout the year at pot-lucks or family dinners. You can’t go wrong with this side dish. It feeds 10-12 (if you eat a normal portion)!