Not being able to remember how you got to bed, pulling in to the driveway and not being able to recall part of the drive, laying your head on your pillow and not knowing when it actually happened that you fell asleep, waking the next morning and still wishing you had several more hours to sleep. These are all definitions of exhaustion to me and all things that I have recently experienced.
Can you relate? This season finds me doing more than I ever thought I would. I love Titus II Woman Ministry. It is a dream come true to be able to minister to women in so many ways, write from the heart and God’s teaching, and lead in a mentoring way that I feel called to do. This season also has me supporting my family financially so that I can also support my husband in pursuing his dream.
Outside of Titus II I also work a full time job that requires overtime and quite a lot of it lately. We happen to live on a small hobby farm (and we adore it) which requires early morning chores and evening chores as well. My children are troopers and do a lot around the house and they are all wonderful students. (I miss homeschooling them, but this season requires the help of public schools and we happen to be part of a really great one.)
Life is hard. I know that many of you are no stranger to this. We get up and do what we must to take care of our families. We are often asked to do a lot and God knows this. He sees this. He carries us through our days so that we can complete what we must. He rewards us.
I have been exhausted and at the brink of just quitting so many times. Exhausted to tears. There is no other way to let it out except to just cry sometimes. I’m not a crier and it bothers me when I cry and have no idea why, but God made me an emotional human for a reason and I give those tears to the only One who can understand them.
I needed some strength to keep going and so I turned to the only place I knew that had answers for me….my Bible.
Here are some verses to help you when you are feeling exhausted; when all you have left are tears to cry because you are DONE.
- .”Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.” Matthew. 11:28-29
- .”For I will satisfy the weary soul, and every languishing soul I will replenish.” Jeremiah 31:25
- .”Have you not known? Have you not heard?
The LORD is the everlasting God,
the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He does not faint or grow weary;
his understanding is unsearchable. He gives power to the faint,
and to him who has no might he increases strength. Even youths shall faint and be weary,
and young men shall fall exhausted; but they who wait for the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary;
they shall walk and not faint.” Isaiah 40:28-31
- “And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.” Galatians 6:9
- “Meanwhile, the moment we get tired in the waiting, God’s Spirit is right alongside helping us along. If we don’t know how or what to pray, it doesn’t matter. He does our praying in and for us, making prayer out of our wordless sighs, our aching groans. He knows us far better than we know ourselves, knows our pregnant condition, and keeps us present before God. That’s why we can be so sure that every detail in our lives of love for God is worked into something good.” Romans 8:26-28 (The Message paraphrase)
Ladies, when you get to your last drop of strength and feel like you just need to give up, this is where you turn – God’s Word. It is our strength. It is our comfort. It is our source of life and it will give you strength. So many times lately I just want to pack it in. I never feel like I am making a difference with Titus II Woman. Satan quietly slips in the not-good-enough, no time, no difference, not helping a single woman into me. I try hard not to listen, but there are days when I feel defeated.
Don’t give up!
You have a hand to hold you and guide you through the toughest days. Be blessed with these few verses. Write them out and keep them close to your heart. He will sustain you.
You are loved,