Have you just been in a place where you have weather through? You know, days when you are tired of it all? That’s a trial period my friend. You are walking through a time where God has something bigger and better, but you have to slop through the muck and mire to get to what is better.
No one enjoys walking through this period of time. Each of us has a different length of time that we have to slop through. Some have years while others just have months or days. Either way, it’s hard and none of us like it. Okay, well, I don’t like it.
There are times in my life when I come out of slopping it and have no idea why I had to go through it. I don’t understand and it may be that I am not supposed to, but there are far more times that I realize much later why I had to walk through what I did for a reason. God has lessons for me to learn, blessings that I need to work through, and, often times, He is keeping me from harm or disarray.
The last few years has seemed like one slop pile after another and I have been asking myself “when is this going to end?” I am at a point where I realize that I should be asking myself a completely different question, “God, what do you have for me in this?”
I am one of those people who believe there is a reason for absolutely everything. Sometimes we get to know the reason and other times we don’t, but God has purpose in every situation, season, trial, and day. I want to explore some ways that you and I can have a better perspective or outlook while we are mucking through these days.
- God is for you, not against you. (Exodus 15:13) Never will He ever lead you astray. He will guide you and love you and keep you safe. God has never been against you. That is a lie set forth from Satan and you should never believe that.
- This time will not last forever. (Genesis 9:15) God promised that he would never again flood the entire earth. You trial will come to an end because He will not flood your entire world. Stand on the promise that God will see you through to a place of peace and reward. He has a plan through this.
- There is still something good in every day. (Psalm 84:10) No matter what you are facing, there is always something good in each and every day. There is a smile to give and a hug to take. There is a person to help and words to heal with. There is a ray of sunshine to every cloud and you need to seek it out.
- On your knees is where you find peace and comfort. (2 Chronicles 30:27) When you get to your wits end and don’t know where else to turn, you hit your knees and pray through it. Pray for peace. Pray for comfort. Pray that God will show you the next step to get you through the slop. He WILL answer.
- God has a plan in even this. (Jeremiah 29:11) You may not be able to see the end. You may not have a clue as to why you are going through what you must, but God has a specific plan for you even in this period of time. You may or may not ever know why, but rest in the promise that God knows best and has a plan for you.
Lord, remind us that you are never against us; that you have a plan even when life is hard. Help us to rely on you and trust your plan. Amen.
You are loved,