Have you heard of dream boards? They are called many different things. You may have heard the term vision board.
Some people will get a poster board and find pictures of things that they want to accomplish or get within a certain time frame. Others will make a list and put it in their wallet or somewhere they can see it every single day. My dream board is also my prayer board. Right now I am working on what I would like it to look like and where to put it, but in our new home I have a special work space just for me where I feel creative to write and pray and study. This is where is will be located. I am creative. I love art and color. (My new living room furniture is proof) I want a board that is going to match my personality and draw my eye. When I look at it, I want to smile and feel a desire to really think and pray over my long and short term goals.
Here’s the thing: this dream board should be your biggest dreams. God has a big imagination. He did create the very world we call home! Though He knows our hearts and desires, He still wants to hear us ask. He still wants to see our expressive ways through creativity and prayer. We often don’t have because we do not ask. (Matthew 7:7) God will not be offended by your request for more in life or help to achieve a goal you desire. God wants to grant your requests and help you accomplish all you are possibly able to do and then some. He is for you!
When I first started my dream board, I felt foolish. I felt selfish. I didn’t think I had a right to ask God for things that I wanted out of life. This is not the loving God that I serve. The one I call Father wants me to be happy and living a life that honors Him. He wants me to come to Him with all my needs and wants with a happy heart. He wants me to know without a doubt that He will fulfill His promises unto me and along the way He will shower blessings over His children.
I am going to share some of the things on my dream board with you. I hope to have a place secured in my space where I can add dreams to it as they come to me and mark things accomplished. God is faithful to His people. Why would He not want to hear your dreams. Your biggest, craziest dreams!
Lord, put a desire within each person reading this today to think of what life can and should be like with a Father who wants to give nothing but the best to His beloved children. Allow us to share with you and friends what our dreams are and not be ashamed to be a dreamer. You are a God of love and fulfillment. Show this to Your daughters with You as the cornerstone. Amen.
Tara’s Dream Board
- Work from home √
- Write and Publish books – 2017 √
- Do a book tour
- Form Titus II Woman Ministry as a Non-Profit
- Support my family through Titus II
- Speak at Events
- Mentor one woman every quarter; God chooses by divine apt.
- Own an RV/Camper – Jan. 2017 √
- Own a small hobby farm
- Go on a guided hunt
- Be debt free to include school loans
- Be able to give freely to ministries and outreach projects
- Make a music album
- Titus II to host their own women’s event and it become a yearly event
- Travel abroad to Italy, Israel, and other places
- Own 4 wheelers, ranger – for the family
- Speak at an event in Hawaii and Alaska
- Titus II cruise or historical trip
- Titus II missions trip to another country
- Titus II missions trip in the US
- Develop Titus II products and a store on the blog
- Employ family and friends professionally with Titus II
- Host a Titus II Woman Writer’s weekend – getaway
- Own a horse on our hobby farm
- Pay of all our school loans
- Be a New York Time best selling author before the age of 40
- Have a place where I can take care of my parents when the time comes
- I add to this board when I feel that God laying something on my heart or can’t stop thinking of that thing.
See some pictures below of my dream board just above my desk which is my creative space. I love it and see it all day long. Praying circles around each of them, my friends!