Yes, that is what this recipe called them! – Top Tarts
I was so thrilled to find this recipe since I had created these from scratch for my children, their friends and my grandchildren. They are a delightful treat and such fun for you and your “kids”, no matter what age, to create together. Enjoy any Day.
- 1 (15 ounce) package refrigerated pie crusts
- 1/4 cup strawberry jam, divided
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon colored decorating sugar, or as needed
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Unroll the pie crusts, place on a lightly floured work surface, and roll the crusts slightly with a rolling pin to square the edges. Cut each crust into 8 equal-sized rectangles. Place about 2 teaspoons of strawberry jam in the center of 8 squares, and spread the jam out to within 1/4 inch of the edge of the pastry square. Top each with another pastry square, and slip a Popsicle stick in between the two pastry squares then use a fork to crimp the squares together, sealing in the jam. Use a knife to trim the pastries, then move the filled pastries to the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the edges are lightly golden brown, about 7 minutes. Allow to cool on the baking sheets. Meanwhile, stir together the confectioners’ sugar, milk, and vanilla extract in a bowl to make a spreadable frosting. Spread the cooled tarts with frosting and sprinkle with colored sugar.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2018 Allrecipes.com
Printed From Allrecipes.com 1/9/2018