Both my boys will soon be home for summer and I look forward to ramping up my cooking for the next few months. One of my favorite “go-to” chicken dinners is Creamy Chicken Pesto Primavera! Sans pasta – I promise you won’t even miss the pasta! Not one little bit! I spotted this on the ‘Low-carbing with Friends’ Facebook page and decided to give it a try, and boy are our taste buds glad I did! You have to try this!
Go ahead and make your grocery list, right now, with these ingredients:
1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
1 cup basil pesto (I bought a jar, but you can make your own)
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 lb boneless chicken, cut into strips (I bought tenderloins)
1/4 large bunch of broccoli, including stalks, cut into florets (I used the whole bunch and did not include the stalks)
2 small green zucchini, cut into half moons (I used one large, wished I’d have used two large)
1 bunch of asparagus cut into 1 1/2 inch sticks
1/2 cup of real bacon bits
1 cup of parmesan cheese
16 leaves fresh basil, whole or hand torn
salt and pepper to taste
NOTE: Have everything prepared and ready to go, because this is done quickly with a very hot pan. You can do two pans at the same time or in two quick batches, which is how I did it.
– In bowl, mix together your pesto and whipping cream, set aside.
– Since olive oil burns quickly when it’s added to a hot pan, go ahead and toss your chicken with olive oil, salt and pepper in a bowl.
– Heat a large saute pan over high heat.
– Sprinkle your chicken around the bottom of the hot pan and let it sear and get nice and golden on one side. Do not crowd the pan. Drizzle any extra oil from the chicken bowl into the pan.
– Add broccoli and toss together with the chicken. Season with a bit of salt and pepper. Cook for about one minute.
– Add zucchini half moons to the pan and toss. Season with a bit of salt and pepper. Cook for about one minute.
– Add asparagus to the pan and toss. Season with a bit of salt and pepper. Cook for about two minutes.
– Add bacon bits to the pan and cook for about one minute.
– Pour pesto cream sauce into the pan and swirl all the ingredients together. When the cream sauce begins to noticeably thicken, about one to two minutes, dust the pan with the grated parmesan cheese and toss the ingredients together.
– Serve topped with fresh basil leaves.
It is fantastic!!!!! And can serve a family of 4 for at least two meals. Sometimes it’s a competition for the last of leftovers!
For the full recipe info click here:
I get to use some produce from my own garden too. I am also going to try my hand at making a Parsley Pesto . . . I’ll keep you posted! Hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do! Happy Eating!
Sending you much love and encourage from my kitchen,